Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday...I'm Back!

I don't even remember the last time I blogged.  It might as well have been 50 years ago.  I feel like I've been gone forever! I've missed this ol' blog.  And sharing my classroom  and life and thoughts with y'all.  But sometimes, you just need a break.  So I took one.  Life has been busy.

Mostly, I've been chasing this guy around.  Mischief, cuddles, and BIG personality on this one.  He's not spoiled--at. all.  :)  


Onto my Five for Friday...

1.  I missed Vegas, but I made it to Birmingham.  
I am crazy sad I couldn't be in Vegas, meeting all the amazing teachers and bloggers and TpT-ers out there.  The only thing that made me feel better was getting to attend the Alabama Blogger meet up today in Birmingham!  This is our 3rd year to meet, thanks to THE Jennifer White of First Grade Blue Skies!  Chips & cheese, bracelet exchange,  Hobby Lobby shopping spree, and popsicles from Steel City Pops--yes, please!  I absolutely adore these sweet people, and that we all share a love for kids, food, sweet tea and shopping!    




After many, many attempts with the selfie stick, Dana finally got everyone in the picture!




2.  I put together an "easy to assemble" shelf.  ALL by MYSELF.  

I've already shared about my experience on Instagram, but in case you missed it, just know that it was NOT "easy to assemble".  They should put on the box that you will CUSS like a SAILOR when you put together this shelf.  I may have cried a little bit.  It took THREE stupid hours of my life that I will never get back.  And I learned that I am incredibly grateful to have a husband that has put together many a cube shelf for me without complaint.  And I can't wait for him to build a few more of these gorgeous shelves for me, because, unfortunately they are PERFECT in my classroom. #sorrynotsorry 
Y'all...Walmart, Better Homes & Gardens "Weathered"--$68...go getcha one.


3.  I am into painting things and galvanized buckets.

I went to an antique store--more about that later--and found the most amazing color of shabby chalk paint.  I just HAD to have it, because my white supply shelf was looking sad and tired.  I love a good before and after pic!  It makes me feel all "HGTV" or something.  The buckets will hold extra class supplies--glue sticks, glue bottles, etc.  I sure wish Cameo would give this teacher a silhouette machine.  I could go crazy with vinyl labels for those buckets!!!  Wink, wink...cameo people?  Are you reading?!  Probably not.  Whatever.  I'll just use stickers.


4.  Tiffany blue is my jam.

It's taken me awhile to figure out what kind of color scheme/theme I wanted in my room.  I have always wanted something calm.  Something shabby chic-"ish", friendly, welcoming, and happy.  I think I am finally beginning to build the classroom I have been wanting for so long--and this will be my TENTH year of teaching.  I have been busy this summer trying to tie in more of the tiffany blue throughout the room.  Ribbon has done wonders for my table buckets.  I plan to share more of my classroom in a later post!



5.  I have a new hobby.  And it still involves shopping.

I threw a bridal shower for my precious niece a few weeks ago.  I wanted the shower to be mainly white, and I borrowed the most beautiful milk glass from my sister in law.  I fell in love with all of her pieces, so I have started antiquing and looking for milk glass pieces of my own!  I LOVE it all.  It's just so vintage and classy!


Here are a few pics of the food table with the milk glass!  We had buttermilk biscuits with ham & white cheddar, baby bite cakes (stop the world), fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, broccoli salad, and "something blue" punch.  It was so fun, and I enjoyed planning all summer long for it!  







The end.  I'll be back.  Hopefully not in 4 to 5 months like last time!  :)

11 comments:

Kaia said...

I'm excited that you're back! Your blog helped me A LOT when I first started teaching! Your bridal shower spread is so beautiful! You are really good at that!! Can't wait to see more ideas!
Kaia
Kinder Colors

Unknown said...

Happy you are back blogging...you've been missed :) Love the shabby chic color scheme for your classroom! :)
-Lovely Nina

The Daily Alphabet said...

You are wonderful and a joy to be around....that is all!!!!

Angela

Kristi said...

Love those buckets and that fabulous bridal shower spread! I have never commented before, but I always look forward to reading your blog posts!

Kristi
Teaching in the Tropics

Unknown said...

I love your blog/Instagram! I'm glad your back!

ES said...

That milk glass is so classy-- I love antiquing for dishes. I also love your "easy to assemble" shelves. Wonder if they would work at home for toys?

My Bright Blue House

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

It was so nice to meet you...also I LOVE the Tiffany Blue too! So pretty.

Flamingos and Butterflies said...

Welcome back! I love the shelf and all the teal... so pretty!

Once Upon A Classroom said...

Welcome back! I totally understand the needing to take a break thing! Enjoy the rest of your summer :)

Mrs. Saoud said...

Your classroom is always so inviting. I love seeing any and everything new that you do! The colors with the galvanized buckets are adorable!

Rachel Lamb said...

yay! I love it all! And those cubbies are gorgeous! I saw them at Target too. I'm glad they are going to a sturdier (and less cheap) look! Now I want some!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...