Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Brain Sprinkles


**For those times when your brain needs an extra boost!** Although I try as hard as I can to make my lessons exciting, there are still those moments when the kids stare at me and it's like, "Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?..." Well, for those moments, I use brain sprinkles. I'm not sure where I found this idea originally, but the kids love them! I took an empty spice container, created a cute label, then filled the container with beads and glitter. When the kids look at me like I have lost my mind, I shake the container over their heads, and...boom! They are revitalized. I'm serious. I think they magically work. Sometimes I use them on myself. I love to give everyone brain sprinkles right before a test. Some even ask if I can shake a little extra sprinkles for them! So cute! (Sorry for the blurry picture--it was the best I could do.)

16 comments:

Sarah said...

I will totally be stealing this idea come Fall. Genius!

Marci. McGowan said...

Sarah,
Wonderful idea! Love your blog! Kudos to a great first grade teacher!

Ginger Snaps said...

I just fell in love with your blog...

And I totally want to steal all of your ideas even though I don't teach first grade!

Sarah Cooley said...

Thank you so very much Sarah, Marci and Ginger! :)

Anonymous said...

I use smart spray. I take an room deodorizer and cover it with a label. I also use thinking lotion. I put hand lotion and gltter together. Rub in on their forehead. I use it spareily because if over used the kids don't believe in it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing Idea! Thanks for sharing. Kids love anything that sparkles.

http://wildaboutk.blogspot.com/

becky anderson said...

I know this is probably a silly question but do the sprinkles actually sprinkle out or is it an imaginary thing? I really love your blog! I have been teaching first grade for a long time and I am always looking for ways to "spice" things up :P
thanks!

jan19 said...

I love this idea!

Barb Shelby said...

Love, love, love this idea! I posted something similar to use as a clean-up tool--"Magic Pick-Up Lotion"
Hand lotion and a little glitter in a small bottle works like "magic" in getting youngsters to pick up the toys. You might also try using a small bottle of hand sanitizer with glitter inside for some extra cleaning power.

Miss Squirrels said...

I am dumping out a spice bottle and printing a label right now! I love it! Much cuter than a thinking cap!
Going Nutty!
Staci

Dayna Chu said...

You had me at "Bueller..." :) just found your blog via pinterest and loving it.

Anonymous said...

ahh-dorable! Thanks for sharing!

Ellen
Great {First Grade} Expectations

Anonymous said...

LOVEEEE THIS IDEA111 Can't wait to give it a try in September! I am your newest follower!
Maybe you can come by my page, when you get a chance!

Teachers Give a Hoot

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what it says at the bottom. It's hard to read and I am soooooooooo going to use this idea.
Thank you,
nury29@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this lovely idea. I will be trying it with my Reception class.

sweetmrsb56#gmail.com said...

I love it!!! DO you really sprinkle it on them and what did it say on the bottom? I love it can't wait to fix one up!!! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...