Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Hollywood Ending...


Last week, the stars of Mrs. Cooley's first grade were invited to dress up in red carpet attire and party in "Hollywood" to celebrate the ending of an amazing year!  {And, y'all, the kids looked ADORABLE.}  The little celebrities had fun walking the red carpet, posing with friends in front of the Hollywood sign, visiting the Walk of Fame, feasting on popcorn and other delicious treats, and, of course, signing autograph books for their "fans"!  The "mama"-razzi and "papa"-razzi showed up and snapped some of the cutest photos of all the kids!  I sure am going to miss these kiddos!


The Walk of Fame...each celebrity first grader had a star with his or her name and handprints!

First grade autograph and picture book!  Each child had a black and white photo made for posters on display in the hallway, and I used those same photos for the autograph book!  The girls looked so sweet with fancy necklaces, a scarf, and sunglasses--and the boys looked so handsome with their little fedora hats!  I so wish I could share the photos of these cuties!  



5 comments:

Kris Hughes said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Mary said...

I LOVE this idea... I just linked to it. I am wondering if you could share the invitation you sent home. I am sure it is adorable and I would love to do something similar!

Mary
Adventures in Kindergarten

Stephanie Owens said...

Mrs. Cooley~ I came across your blog today (through pinterest) I simply adore your ideas~ As our son enters 1st grade in the fall I will greedily stalk, er follow, your blog! We were blessed this year with an amazing teacher and even now as an adult I get excited every year to find out who our new teacher will be. (I have a 15 yr old too so this has been going on for a while~ though at this stage of the game I am more excited than she is I'm sure.) sorry this is long, but I couldn't find a message link for you. I can't wait to share your blog with other moms. keep up the amazing ideas!

Dana said...

I hope you don't mind that I used this idea. Today was our last day of school and we had a "Hollywood Ending." The kids loved it! Thank you SO much!

Erin @ Small Types said...

Such a cute way to end the year. "Papa"-razzi is hilarious! Hopefully you have a relaxing summer ahead!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...