Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reindeer Games

Our trip around the world on Christmas Airlines has begun--and we are having all kinds of fun learning about Christmas traditions in other countries!  To go along with our Christmas themed classroom fun, I have added some precious reindeer activities to my reading stations!  The little silly reindeer pictured below are placed in a pocket chart and matched to the words that best describe them.  {My faves...the rock n' roll reindeer and stinky reindeer--which I sadly did not get a picture of those two!}  

The adorable guys in the picture below are just a fun little decoration right now--but I am planning on attaching magnets to the back of each reindeer, and the kids can use them to put in ABC order, and then complete a matching cut and paste work page to go with it!
 I CAN'T wait to make my swirly-antlered, root beer lovin' reindeer guy.  He is holding a teeny tiny book titled, "If You Give a Reindeer Some Root Beer..." {which is all about him, and the kids fill in missing words and illustrate each tiny page--AH!  I just love him!}  In his other hand is a delicious root beer...because of course reindeer get thirsty on their journey to help Santa deliver presents!
If you are a teacher friend, and would like to read and write and sing about reindeer too--you can find all these activities (and much more) in my Reindeer Games activity packet!  Grab yours *here*!

*Pictures of our adventures with our Christmas Around the World Scrapbook coming soon...*

9 comments:

Leslie Ann said...

Oh my goodness! Your reindeer holding the root beer is the cutest thing ever! How adorable. I'm heading to your store now to get the packet. My kids will love this :) :)

Sarah said...

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas on this wonderful blog! I want to share the Sunshine Award with you! Check out my blog for the award button and the rules!
Sarah
http://mrstfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

Miss Kindergarten said...

I love it!! Did you draw all the reindeer??! You are so creative!

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten
Target Treasures

Tina said...

Hi Sarah. I purchased your Reindeer Packet and used it with my grade 1-2 class!! The activities were so fabulous and the kiddies LOVED it!! I have posted some pics of their completed 'If You Give A Reindeer A Root Beer' artworks and linked back to your blog. Hope this is ok? Thanks again for such a fabulous resource, I just LOVE it!
Tina
Good Morning Mrs Rubie

Anonymous said...

Sarah
I just heart your blog, like a lot. I no longer teach grade 1, but am constantly visiting you to check out the awesome things you are doing! I pass on what I find to my grade 1 teaching friend!! I have even used an idea of yours for my 4s. :D

I'm pretty new at blogging and am looking for tips!
http://msmcnulty.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-tastic-tips.html
Any help would be great!!
Thanks!

Stacy Johnson said...

Thanks for all your inspiration! I nominated you for the Sunshine Award for all you do!!

Stacy
mrsjohnsonfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Stacy Johnson said...

Thanks for all your inspiration! I nominated you for the Sunshine Award for all you do!!

Stacy
mrsjohnsonfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Cupcake said...

Hey girl, I'm giving you the Sunshine Award! Come on over to my blog to pick it up!!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Traci Clausen said...

Thanks for this. I love it. I posted about it over on my blog and I, too, awarded you the Sunshine Award.
Dragonflies in First

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...