Monday, June 24, 2013

Quiet Mouse. Shhh--Freebie!


Have you heard of Quiet Mouse?  I was introduced to this wonderfully silly, easy, and rockin' management game when I began teaching first grade.  It is fantastic for keeping all my little chatter boxes quiet in the hallways--while waiting to go into specials, or while waiting for everyone during a restroom break.  

Simple rules:

1.  Choose a new "Quiet Mouse of the Day" each day--and write that child's name on the poster.  {This will be the child that starts the game each time you play it that day.}
2.  During a transition time, the Quiet Mouse of the Day will step out of line, and look carefully for the best behaved, most quiet kid in line.
3.  The "Quiet Mouse of the Day" gently taps a new student to be the "quiet mouse", and this continues  until you stop the game!  

Love it because it's SO EASY and the kids NEVER seem to get tired of it.  It's kind of amazing.  

Get your own copy of the "Quiet Mouse of the Day" poster below:




18 comments:

Christa Swaney said...

I might be moving from second to first so this is a totally cute activity!! I am your newest follower! So many great ideas here. Thanks for sharing!!

Christa
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Christa-Swaney

Jeannie said...

We use this all the time! It works wonders during car rider dismissal. Thank you for the freebie!

Jeannie
The 2nd Grade Surprise

Sarah Paul said...

This is such a cute idea Sarah! Thanks:)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Unknown said...

My kids love playing quiet mouse! Someone told me about it when I first started teaching and I've used it ever since. The kids truly never get tiered of this game- ever!!

❤ -Stephanie
Falling Into First

Julie DiBenedetto said...

This sounds fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing!
Julie

Sara said...

Love this! Thanks for the cute freebie!
Sara
Polka Dot Kinders

Learning with Mrs. Brinn said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks!

Gwen
Learning With Mrs. Brinn

Meredith Gilbert said...

What a cute idea. I think I will try "Quiet Monkey of the Day" since my theme is monkeys. Thanks for sharing!

MissGilbert01@gmail.com
Sunshine, Sand and Scissors

O FISH ally a First Grader (Corinna) said...

Very cute idea! I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

Patty Rutenbar said...

I have always used that game when the kids are in their seats. If a parent or visitor comes to the door or if I need a few minutes to get something around, we will play this game. I ask one child to sit in a chair in the front of the room. . . they look around for someone quiet and they call out that child's name. Then that child takes the special chair in the front and starts looking for another quiet mouse! This is a great game for 2nd graders too!
Patty
Second In Line

Kate @ EduKate and Inspire said...

Super cute! My class always enjoys playing the game, too... only I've never called it Quiet Mouse-- that's so much cuter than "the hallway game!" :)

Kate
EduKate and Inspire

Unknown said...

I love this! Will definitely going to try it next year

Kelly said...

Such a terrific idea! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly
I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

Anonymous said...

Such a cute and EASY idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing... will definitely do this in the fall!

Liz said...

I love this idea!

Lynn said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Dana said...

This is super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Dana

Dana said...

This is super cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...