Monday, February 17, 2014

100 Chart Puzzles

So sorry I haven't been around this old blog in awhile.  I am TWO weeks away from my due date...and I just can't wait to meet my baby boy!  All things baby have been on the brain.  I promise to be a better blogger, but for now, please keep in touch with me through Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!  {Even though I haven't been the best blogger the past couple of months, I can tell you that I've been an AMAZING "pinner"!  #justsaying  #truth}

On to the hundred chart puzzles!



If you follow me on Instagram, you have already seen this idea in my pictures, and I promised a few friends that I'd share my hundred chart with them!  This isn't really a new and fancy idea--but my students have LOVED it this year!  

Here's how to make your own hundred chart puzzles in 3 quick and easy little steps:

1.  Go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and grab yourself a giant pack of rainbow card stock.  {The more colors, the better!}  Is it just me, or do y'all just love buying colorful paper?  So fun.

2.  Print out the 100 chart I have posted below onto a variety of colors of your bright card stock, and laminate.  {Click the picture below to download.}
3.  Cut the 100 charts into pieces--making sure to cut each one differently to make it challenging!  Add the cut  "puzzle" pieces to a baggie, with a color label matching the puzzle inside the bag.

This activity has been a favorite for my early finishers.  I also use them as a choice during math stations, and they were also a great addition to our 100th day activities!


9 comments:

Jessica said...

I did this with my first graders last year, but had them write their numbers 1-100 first and then cut up each puzzle themselves. They challenged themselves by putting together each others' puzzles. They loved the peer connection! I love your colors, too.

What I Have Learned

Sarah Cooley said...

That's a great idea! Love having them write it themselves! Maybe I'll do that for some take home puzzles! :)

Lita Lita said...

WOW! I love the idea. I may have them write themselves too. :)

Tiffany May said...

Love this so much! I will definitely be using this. Thanks for posting about it friend. I know you and your family are beyond excited for that precious Greyson to arrive.

((HUGS))
Tiff

Jaime Schneider said...

This is great! I am going to get that cardstock today! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Cloud said...

I just nominated you for the Sunshine Award! http://ateaspoonofteaching.blogspot.com/

The Neat and Tidy Classroom said...

I "catch" my first graders making each other number puzzles all the time! I can see my class really loving this activity. Thanks!

Ruth Edge said...

Thanks so much for sharing this great idea!

Lynne said...

I made these in the mid 1980's and still use them every year for 100 day!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...