Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Name Caps


Save your water bottle caps! Those little guys can be used to make fun center activities! You can write numbers on the top of each cap and have the kids put them in order--I call it the "number order caterpillar". So far my number caps go all the way to 100, but you could try different variations: counting by 5s, 10s, etc. The newest idea I have found for bottle caps is to put student names on them! I love the way they turned out, and they were quick and easy to make--started and finished them during Emma's naptime! You could use these for beginning of the year games, the kids can practice putting the words in ABC order, make 2 of each child's name to create a matching game, or put them in a sack and choose a name for times when you need to pick a helper.

9 comments:

Melissa Gill said...

What a darling idea. I'll have to make some for my first grade niece.

Unknown said...

How did you decorate them? The caps look a little larger than reg. water bottles, did you collect a special kind? Thanks for sharing, very cute!

Sarah Cooley said...

Thanks Melissa and Madeline! Madeline, I used regular water bottle caps (Nestle water)--the picture may make them look bigger, but they are really pretty small. Print out names or words in a small font, glue to patterned cardstock, cut into circles smaller than the actual cap, then use clear packing tape to attach the cardstock circles to the cap.

Karen Travels said...

I am going to start collecting my Vitamin Water caps immediatly - great idea!

Mrs. Romero said...

Thanks for sharing Sarah! I love this idea! So many possibilities for fun activities!

Ashley said...

Hi! I am a new follower and I was wondering exactly how you made your starry eyes bird cards? I really want to try to implement this same behavior plan in my kinder class. Did you draw each bird or is there some type of template you used? I have a bird bean bag chair that I got from target that goes perfect with this. Please let me know. You can also email me at ashleybrooke6@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ashley

Janae said...

What a great idea! I got my lids and am going to start creating this week. I can hardly wait another entire month for school to start! You’ve inspired me to start a blog. I hope you don’t mind I am using the same background. It’s so bright and cheery compared to the “school” background I had before. If I share some of your ideas, I’ll be sure to tag you. :)

Sarah Cooley said...

Hey Ashley! I drew the birds for the Starry Eyes cards, then I colored them with markers--you can color copy them to make it easier. They were pretty easy to draw, but I bet you could find a really cute bird clip art online to trace if you didn't want to draw it yourself! Hope this helps! Good luck with Starry Eyes--I think you'll like it!

Mrs. Cher Harrison said...

Cute ideas! I have a lot of extra caps and now I know just what to do with them. Thank you!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...