Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Whimsical Giant Tissue Paper Flowers


Need a cute and cheap way to decorate a classroom? Make giant tissue paper flowers! I made them this summer, and I think they make my room look kind of whimsical! I couldn't believe how easy they are to make. You can find video tutorials online if you need to see someone make an example--I'm a visual learner, so I had to seek out the tutorials!

1. Flatten out 8 sheets of tissue paper.
2. Fold it accordion style.
3. While the paper is still folded, tie the middle with string or a twist tie.
4. Scallop cut the edges of the tissue paper.
5. Gently pull the tissue outward, and it will begin to look like a flower!

Easy, and it adds a bright pop of color to the room! I also thought they would be great for parties!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm curious to see what your classroom will look like when you're all done. Will you post pictures of the room?

Sarah Cooley said...

Sure! I'll post pictures! Hopefully it will be done soon...

Books That Heal Kids said...

these are super adorable! I bet it makes your classroom look Friendly.

Unknown said...

Love this! What a great idea!

Come check out my blog please!

http://teacherstreasurechest.blogspot.com/

Ashley

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...