Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Adventures in Space

Get ready for...AN ADVENTURE in SPACE!  The kids had so much fun designing their very own astronaut scrapbook pages each day as we visited new places in the Solar System!  I dressed up in my fuzzy astronaut helmet, and we began by learning all about Amazing Astronauts!  {Isn't this one adorable?}

We went on a virtual field trip with NASA and learned that the sun is not just yellow--it is all the colors of the rainbow!  {This is our ROY G BIV sun, complete with solar flares, sunspots, and solar winds.}
We visited each planet in the Solar System and journaled the cool facts we learned there!
These scrapbooks were such a fun way for my students to record their learning!  They loved looking back and reading why "Mars is Magnificent" and why "Earth is Extraordinary"!


I have uploaded *a new and improved--seriously very cool* Adventures in Space scrapbook (created on my brand new MacBook--WOOT!) to my TpT store for $4.00--but I will send 2 out for free to the first two friends who comment!  {Just leave me your email address!}

Hope you have amazing adventures in space...

20 comments:

Busy Bee said...

Me me! Yay! THank you!!

Steph said...

I am first! Yay!

steph_backus@hotmail.com

The Pressley Family said...

Very cute idea!!!

Busy Bee said...

Oh, email address is mcarpenter@scsk12.org

Erin said...

oh this is cool! Reminds me of a unit I did for 1st/2nd on famous people - one of them was Neil Armstrong! We made comic strips of our trips to space as one activity.

Erin
erinberry1002@gmail.com

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

Love this!
Ms. A
queeqag@aol.com

Mrs. Settle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love it!
Where do you come up with such great ideas?! We'll be starting Space unit next week.

renuka.gil at gmail dot com

Thank you :)

Melissa said...

So cute and creative. I wish I was first to comment!
F is For First Grade

Deedee Wills said...

Love it!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

meadowt said...

Boo!! I am not first Guess that will teach me not to blog everynight!! Very cute, I may have to buy this for next year.

Liz said...

Bummer, I wanted to be first. Such an awesome idea. I'm amazed at how creative other teacher's are. I don't know how you do it!

Liz

grace said...

We are working on space right now! How did you know!...rats...my kids went to Specials a little too late for me to catch you earlier!

Your unit looks awesome!

D and K said...

Bummer! This looks adorable! Maybe next time :)
kiley.hicks@sendit.nodak.edu

Janice said...

Your Adventure in Space unit is awesome...I just purchased it on TPT. By any chance do you have the Amazing Astronauts and Walking on Sunshine pages that are on your blog? If so, my email is jrpet@comcast.net. Thanks! :)

Mireya Aguirre said...

Looks great!!!! Too bad I missed it!!

Mireya
yayaagu@aol.com

Anonymous said...

You have such inspiring lessons!
What font did you use? My kids will love that font!

We will also be heading to the zoo next month!
Thank you kindly for all that you shared!
Jeni

cmuth said...

A virtual field trip with NASA...very cool. My little ones would love that!

Unknown said...

Wonderful idea.I like it very much
College Papers

Amy Ashwood Cecchinato said...

These will be great supplemental activities for my ESL students. We'll have fun with these.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...