Monday, October 31, 2011

Edgar the Sick Ghost Helper

One of my wonderful first grade teacher friends came up with a fun idea--she thought of a pretend a character named Edgar the ghost helper, who helps out sick ghosts who say, "Ehhh" {the sound of short vowel e}!  I loved this idea, and decided to come up with a few little things to go along with our ghost helping friend named Edgar.  I wrote the silly poem above--and it was read aloud as an introduction to the station activity pictures below.  Our first "write the room" station choice this year was to go find the sick ghosts saying "Ehhhh" that were hanging around the room, and record the words they found on the ghosts onto their own ghost page.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

This is such a great idea!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I am going to have to work this up for next year.

Diana Newton

Mallery said...

I agree! I'd love to use this next year!

Tara said...

Hi:) Just found your blog. I love your scrapbook pages for books. I would love any additional info. you have from your 4th grade notes. I am a fourth grade teacher and my kiddos would love this!

4th Grade Frolics

Kate said...

This would be perfect for my students right now, the short e keeps confusing them. Do you have the template that you could share? It's past Halloween, but this activity would be so great for my students I'd love to do it anyway.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...